Pages

3.1.17

Where are All the Normal Guys Please?

I wasn’t planning on it but somehow I’m back on dating apps again. It has barely been a day and all the reasons I decided to delete them last time have come flooding back again.
This time has already taught me whole new reasons why online dating just isn’t for me.

1) The unoriginal ones
I'm going to keep it short and sweet here. If I get one more message starting with 'Hi sexy', I actually think I'm going to scream. Is that the best you can think of? And it isn't very original, is it? But you know whatever works for you and all that. 


2) The ones with no basic manners 
Let me introduce Mr. Charming (Oh the irony, I think that name it is quite fitting really), he initially messaged me 'You good' and as an English graduate the lack of punctuation irritated me greatly but I was thinking maybe it was done in a rush or something (plus even I’m guilty of having the odd fumble when messaging friends myself). As the conversation progressed it felt a bit dead (my friend I was on the phone with, who also happens to be male said 'This guy doesn't know the art of conversation) but the nice in me thought let me give him a chance so I replied.  Needless to say, he was very right. I woke up the next day with another message from said guy saying 'Send your number'. Again no form of punctuation, like seriously dude? 



Being the blunt (sometimes too much but I think it was well deserved in this case) person and being really big on simple manners.  I replied 'I believe there is a please missing from that'.  As the wonderful gentleman he clearly is, Mr. Charming then replied saying 'Just for number', 'K please'.  Like I was the one asking too much for something as basic as mutual respect. I'm sure this goes without saying but that was the last straw for me. I have not replied and I have no intention on ever replying.

3) The not so subtle ones
These are the guys that make it clear that they just want to have sex with you straight away. Like one guy who messaged me saying “Good morning, how are you?”. I replied saying I was good and just as I was about to ask how he was but he decided to kindly let me know that he was naked. Ermm…okay, thank you very much for that lovely piece of information. Exactly what did you want me to do with that?

Needless to say, I didn’t reply because it is very apparent what you want. And I’m not buying it or interested.

In an odd way, I applaud these type of guys because they make it clear from the beginning what they want and since that is definitely not what I want. I can just end the conversation.

4) The 'I have money' ones 
I have no idea how they found me but I had one guy from India introduce himself by telling me his family owed some type of big company and how he would like to get to know me better.  I always find it funny when a guy decides to lead with his money. It makes me think "Are you that dull that you have lead with your money?". Again I have not and will not reply.  He happens to be just one of many that sent this kind of message.

There would have been a number five on this list but the guys I’ve spoken to creeped me out so much I have deleted my profiles again and I have no intention of ever going back again.

Strangely enough, out of all the guys that messaged me I would probably say only a handful wanted to have a genuine conversation with me. I guess that is just the nature of dating apps, though. You get the good, the bad and the ugly.

Have any of you guys ever tried online dating? Did it work better for you then it did for me? Did you have any successes….or fails?

I would love to know in the comments.

Love,
Gemma Ama x

2 comments:

  1. Not a app dater but do I live vicariously through yourself and other mates.Haha love the money bragger! Thank God for Pattys matchmaking lol. He was in the wrong place and app! Lita x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm sure our escapades keep you very entertained. Seriously...he needs to have a conversation with her! I'm sure she would find him someone sharpish!

      Delete

Copyright @ Gemma Ama. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign