Pages

18.12.16

Right Person Wrong Time?


Have you ever met someone you just instantly clicked with? It's like the conversation just naturally flows, everything just seems right and feels right and in an ideal scenario you would be together, yet for some reason, you aren't.

The idea that you can meet your ‘ideal' person at the wrong time is something we have seen played out in various novels and films time and time again. I can even remember having a few conversations with some friends about them possibly meeting the right person for them but the timing wasn't right because of work commitments, past relationships or just simply not being ready. 

This is making me think, is it actually possible that you can meet the right person but at the wrong time in your life?  Does such a thing exist or it is that something we tell ourselves to make us feel better when we really like someone and it just hasn't happened yet.  Also how long are you willing to wait before you give up all hopes of anything ever happening with said person?

My mum always has little pearls of wisdoms that she passes on about life and from time to time about relationships in general.  I'm paraphrasing here but one time she said to me "If someone likes you enough, they will make the time for you and put in as much effort as you do."

Very simple concept and can easily be put into practice (if you want to that is) and whilst, I think my mum is very right I sometimes think that things aren't always that easy and depending on the circumstances it can be a little more complicated than that. But then again - as I think about it as I write this post I'm starting to think maybe as humans we try to justify what an individual is blatantly showing us because it makes us feel better about things not working out how we would like them to. Really it can be as relatively simple as this: you like them, they like you so you eventually work towards a relationship (if that is what you both want) or you just call it a day and wish each other well in life.

What you do you guys think? Just how many excuses are acceptable (if any at all)? Have you ever given someone more time and later thought why did I do that?

Love,
Gemma Ama x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Gemma Ama. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign